Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Personals
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 01:49 PM

Dearest Teddy;
Thank you so much for the update. I know you have been suffering for so long and I look forward to a promise of a major improvement for you. Please have your hubby or daughter keep us updated if you're unable to as we will be anxiously awaiting the results. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Your friend,
Joe
Old 12-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Goddess Of the night

Send a message via Yahoo to Rhiannon
Dear Teddy
My Best wishes for you and what you are going through. I think your are very brave to be undergoing this so the doctors can learn more..
I love to dance with a stranger and to feel his delight,
And when the dancing is through, I kick off my shoes,
And I listen to the beating of his heart
Old 12-24-2008, 09:22 AM
unregistered mutt. woof!

May your surgical team be divinely guided and hyper alert to their fullest potentials. However, before that of course, may you be found to be the best most ready to proceed patient if not miraculously made renewed again, healed AT THIS MOMENT.
Adage: 2 things are certain in life; Death & Taxes. Therefore; God & Beelzebub had a meeting to fix the problem. A mighty storm prevailed for ages until finally they ended the storm with the agreement: From now on Anyone whom chooses doesn't have to die. "Everyone wins said Beelzebub. You get an eternally grateful bunch of worshippers praying forever for lower taxes as I goad & prod them forever with higher & higher taxation."
Old 12-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
I seem to recall seeing a show on TV about that exact procedure...it was a few years back, so it's not like a totally new & risky procedure. It was a little creepy to see the doc poking around in someone noodle while they're wide awake, but as I understood it, that's the only way for the doc to be sure he working on the correct area of the hard drive. Whatever, here's hope for restoring a little quality of life to you, teddy...you're entitled to it.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((teddy bear))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))0

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:28 AM

Teddy best wishes and know you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take good care of yourself and if I dont talk to you before the surgery may you have a speedy recovery.

MUAH
Old 01-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Insatiable

Teddy, God Bless. Stay strong!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 11:10 AM

Hey Teddy Bear;
Please give us an update. I see you were on a few days ago, and we are all wanting to hear how the procedure went and how you are doing...
your friend Joe
Old 02-07-2009, 06:18 AM
Huggable!

Thank you all for your thoughts, well wishes, concern, and love! They are all appreciated and I will take all of them with me into surgery! And TY for the laughs and giggles!! Needed them!!!

OF – “Pin the penis on the Pixie”… LOL… I’m going to check.
Scarecrow – Didn’t know there was a Pixie Lady calendar. Hmmm…TY, where’s the
Pixie Men Calendar?
gekkogecko – hahaha - is a scary thought eh.
Lil – That’s my MRI alright!! Thought that was in a locked file.
DM – Never give up the fight!!

scotz – Yes, it’s been around awhile. And the thought of being awake is creepy but you’re right that the docs need to see not only if the tremors stop but also that they haven’t created new ones. Pleasant thought….not!!! But besides interacting with the patient the doc also uses an MRI and CAT-scans taken earlier which allows him to screw a “frame’ of sorts to the patients skull which he uses as a guide. And he also uses sound made by the probe. Each level of the brain ‘sounds’ different and tells the surgeon where he is. From what I understand Parkinson’s has it’s own distinct sound, so he knows when he’s reached his target.

So, I’ve been asked by several to bring you all up to date. Sorry I didn’t sooner, just wasn’t in the right mood I guess.

I’ve had extensive psychological testing. They won’t do the surgery if you have dementia or any form of mental illness. I guess this procedure can make it worse or cause these folks to freak out. The last test was 3 hours long on Christmas Eve. I ignored the little voices all day and boy did they get mad! lol. I passed all of the test in the high end of average, 2 were above average and one low average. All are acceptable for the surgery. Yeah!!!!

We met with the neurosurgeon again. Went over everything… again. As he said, ‘this is not a procedure you rush into.’ He made sure we knew exactly what was going to happen, what the risks where, and that we still wanted to go through with it.

Next step is an MRI on Feb. 17. This is also when they’ll put 4 screws in my head, to be used to hold a frame in place which will guide the doc on the day of surgery. (it can really be said after that I might have a loose screw) Then a Cat-Scan and blood work on the 18th. The surgery will be Feb. 25. They will drill a hole in my skull and insert the wire. A day or 2 after they will implant a device similar to a pace-maker and attach the wire to it. Then many doc visits to regulate the pace-maker thingy and any meds needed.

I’m just taking it easy for now. The procedure I’m having is called deep brain surgery (DBS) for Parkinson’s or deep brain stimulation (DBS) for Parkinson’s. A search using either should get results if you’re interested.

((((Pixies))))…. If you read all that ^ ^ ^ ^ all I can say is wow!! Thank you!

Watch for a new-and-improved teddy to be making an appearance soon.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:31 AM
Pretty 'n Pink

Thank you for all that information, Teddy Bear. I hope everything goes well for you.
Just don't keep me hanging I've been hanging much too long

Espen Lind ~ Baby You're So Cool
Old 02-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Call me FWM :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Bear
<snip> he also uses sound made by the probe. Each level of the brain ‘sounds’ different and tells the surgeon where he is. From what I understand Parkinson’s has it’s own distinct sound, so he knows when he’s reached his target.
Wow! Absolutely fascinating, thank you for sharing, I am totally amazed at what can be done with surgery, with the human body, especially the brain I wonder how far they will have progressed and how much more they will know by the time my children grow up.

All the very best for the preparation, the surgery and your recovery, you'll be in my thoughts.

(((Teddy Bear)))

Old 02-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Not there yet.....

Thanks first to FWM for alerting me to this thread.... I had TOTALLY missed it somehow!

Second, ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Teddy))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))

I'm so praying that the doctors are guided to the right "sound".... I promise not to send you anything that will make you moan... in case that is the "sound"! Know that we love you and will be praying for the most successful outcome...... Be brave and be strong and get better!

I think we should add your Pixie brain scan to the Pixie Ladies Calendar! That is until we get a photo of YOU! ((( you)))

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 02-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

Ok that has to be the ultimate perv, a Pixie with deep brain stimulation. LOL

((((Teddy)))) take care, our prayers and best wishes are being sent your way.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Quote:
allows him to screw a “frame’ of sorts to the patients skull
Now that sounds like he's fucking with your head!

Trust us pervs to find something dirty in the most noble events

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:24 AM

Prayers are with you Teddy

Dear Teddy,

You know that we shall all pray for you to have a quick recovery.

I hope this surgery will help you.

Your a dear and beloved friend.

Regards,

Daniel
Old 02-08-2009, 03:18 PM

Thank you so much for the update Teddy. I thought the procedure was last month.
I'll try to be patient and hope for another update in a few more weeks.
We're all pulling for you.
Joe