Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2004, 03:49 PM
Just me.

LOL@skyler. Illegal in Illinois except sparklers, smoke bombs and the like. Lots of folks buy just across the state line in Indiana and so there's usually no shortage of things that go pop in the night. Peoria has an especially great display called their "Sky Concert" where the fireworks are in time to music played on a local radio station. Very nice for a metro area of about 350K. We and two other couples typically have an afternoon picnic then journey to Peoria for the display. Lots of small town displays also in the area and sometimes take in a few of them, too.

I used to get small fireworks and shoot them off, but that's not a biggie anymore. Pretty well content myself with the pro displays.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Just wanna say...Welcum to Pixies fredchabotnick!

Whatta interesting nick!

Oops! Back to the fireworks!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 06-26-2004, 05:02 PM
Resident craftsman

Send a message via AIM to Vullkan Send a message via Yahoo to Vullkan
My sympathies for all you out there that can't get anything better then smoke balls and sparklers--sigh! Darned if the government isn't out there to protect us from ourselves!!

From reading your posts, I just wish I could send you "care" packages for a great 4th. Still for those of you who don't know this, but...with sparklers and a bit of duct tape you can still raddle your neighbors windows--ha! But you didn't hear that from me
Old 06-26-2004, 09:31 PM
~Imaginary lover~

Send a message via MSN to cowgirltease Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirltease
Yeah we got fireworks. BIG ONES. My 2 brothers and I usually spend about 500 bucks for the 4th. We all have kids and we have a helluva time out here. One of the advantages of living in the country. We have a big to do out here every year. We never grew up either Vullkan. Happy 4th to ya!
Old 06-27-2004, 11:39 AM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
Most county's have outlawed fireworks.But there are a few palces where they can be purchased.Sometimes the laws very from city to city and the most you can buy are sparklers and some noise makers.With warnings of a very dry season here in So.Cal and the fear of brush fires,I'll do what I have done in the past.Stand outside and do my immatation of a Picollo Pete.heh heh
Old 06-27-2004, 03:06 PM
Stiff Member

I couldn't say it better. We can't buy them here and with the wildfires in vivid memory, I'm happy that that is the case. Waay too scary!

I can't get through to her 'cause it doesn't permit
But I'm gonna give her everything I've got to give.

I hear your sweet voice calling
out my name
As I stare from a six foot cell
And from beyond I heard the words
Deceptively Yours
Old 06-27-2004, 03:53 PM
gurly gurl

I'd like to light some fire works around pixies...oh I mean....

yeah illegal here, but we live 15 minutes from the state line and as soon as you cross the line there are stores everywhere selling them.

We'll be heading to Daytona's Nascar race this year tho and will get to watch their show.

Happy 4th everyone! Be safe.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to poe Send a message via Yahoo to poe
all the good stuff is illegal here so when i make my regular trips i get the good ones. last year i had my freinds entire neighborhood out they all started to clap when i was done i didnt even see them till i was done i was to busy setting them off and watching where i was aiming i cant wait till the 4th this year again in used to just set them off for my family way out in the sticks where nobody even saw them but us
Old 06-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Multi-Sexual

Anything that launches into the air (bottle rockets, commerical grade fireworks, etc) are illegal without a permit in MI, but most people just drive down to the border, and buy em in IN anyway.

Sparklers I personally hate. As an adult, they're weak, and as kids, well, they're way to easy to get burned with em. I mean, any other time of the year, what parent in their sane mind would hand their kids a stick that sparks fire, and burns red hot?
Old 06-29-2004, 12:26 AM
Missing the Angels

Well we have everything here that I know of. You just can't shoot them in city limits. Right like people listen to that. You can come in from out of state and buy starting in May, but for us that live here we have to wait until July 1st.

HAPPY 4th EVERYONE.