Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2004, 12:45 PM
Serious Member

Before I came to Pixies, I would not have believed that I would be sitting here reading about a man I only knew on line with tears running down my cheeks - the fact that I am not so surprised is in no small way due to Skip.

I am reminded of what my Queen said at the 9/11 memorial

"Grief is the price we pay for Love."

Beyond a true depth of humour and humanity, Skip had a rare gift of having great qualities without their ever causing resentment in those of us clearly less well endowed. And if you are reading this Skip, I don't mean endowed in the trouser department!!

Au revoir Bud.

Madam, if you were my wife, I would take it.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:44 PM
The Pimp-Hued Hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Silky Send a message via MSN to Uncle Silky Send a message via Yahoo to Uncle Silky
"Do not fear death so much, but the inadequate life."

namaste, Skip.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Kick His Ass

that sucks really bad what a great pixian
Old 07-07-2004, 10:28 PM

I had not ever intended to log into Pixie's again after Skip's passing and letting you all know of the tragedy. Unfortunately, I feel such a depth of guilt and pain that I need to share a little more before I go.

I was at the funeral home tonight with my 15-1/2 year old son. I tried to be a good strong mom, but I was a blubbering idiot. He was a mess also. He and "Skip" were very close and share many of the same interests. "Skip" took him to his first rock concert and I can only tell you one band of four that they heard that night (smile empty soul). Without him in my son's life for the last 8 months I would not have grown as close to my son as I have. He gave my son an insite into things in life that I am sure he would have not had with just me. He was a good man and a terrific father.

The very sad thing about this is that he joked about being a bastard of many sorts on this site. You should all know that he hid the fact that he truly thought that of himself. He thought that he was a bad person and no matter what anyone told him, I think he continued along a path of destruction until he could fight his demons no longer.

He was raised in the Lutheran Church and he had been attending the Church of Christ with me for the past 8 months and I truely believe he had made his peace with God and feel that no matter what, our God is merciful God and that he knows that "skip's" heart was good and no matter what happened in the end, his life was worthy of the heaven we each dream of in our own private way.

I loved "skip" deeply once and will morn his death for a long time to come. I'm somehow comforted to know that you all are morning with me, so I keep coming back to the people who know him better than his public knew him. There is no one else who could possibly understand this loss.

Thank you all for being his friends and being so kind in the end. I know he is watching and I hope also that he found peace in his last hours.

Hugs.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:42 PM

I know I don't post much, but I have been around for a while reading the posts and always enjoyed "Skips" posts . I know I will miss him greatly.

D
Old 07-07-2004, 10:53 PM
gurly gurl

Lexi, thank you for letting us know that information. I never thought this would be so hard. I have cried every day all day for him. This morning I woke up and said outloud "you left me, now you have to take care of me!" and the day was great...until I heard a song that he mentioned..... I have learend from this tho...he showed me that you can love someone that easy, so I will try to show it to more people that come across my path. I am very heart broken, as many of you are.

All I keep thinking is he's looking down on us. In his last email to me before I went out of town he wrote "go have fun, don't think of me, we'll continue when you return, long kiss good bye". I came back to him being gone and now can't stop thinking about him.

Such a genuine person to me....very thoughtful and caring. I loved every minute of it.

I wish all of you to be able to find peace and keep the good thoughts fresh in your mind.

Skippy, I miss you so much and wish you were here now to catch my tears.

"I never dreamed I would love somebody like you, I never dreamed I would loose somebody like you....what a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way, what a wicked thing to do to let me dream of you"
Old 07-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Pixie's Wild Rose

Unhappy

Like so many others, I am stunned. I just stumbled across this thread and have been sitting here with tears streaming down my face. I did not know Skip as well as many of you but he was part of my Pixie family and he always made me feel good. Skip had so many different sides to him, some seen by all and others only seen by a few but they made him the man he was and a wonderful man at that.

I know right now he's seeing us all and asking himself what all the fuss is about but at the same time he's smiling and feeling our love *hugs to all*
Old 07-08-2004, 01:04 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

It has not been from disrespect that I have been measured in posting to my friend Skip. Except for the razor exchanges of wit, comment and knowing observation on the board, Skip and I had but a few incisive personal messages in the substantial time we shared our daily appointment. We knew each other with a respecting smirk and knowing glance from the corners of our eyes.

During our cyber assembly remembering our oh-so-real family member, much intimate knowledge was exchanged among the people he felt so close to him. Our selfish sorrow was for OUR loss and the accolades were for the gifts of delight he gave US. I prefer to be grateful for the lifetime of pleasure he brought to me, even through his commune with others.

I am personally too limited to consider myself capable of knowing what is beyond my present existence and the dimension I am in. I do respect and envy others comfort and ability to place themselves beyond my scope. I would like to share, not a source but a concept, of a consideration passed to me by its’ author. Whatever your understanding of something beyond yourself may be, I hope you too are able to find deliberation in the idea.

THERE IS A BIBLE TRUTH IN WHICH MANY PEOPLE FIND COMFORT AND PEACE IN THE TIMES OF BEREAVEMENT AND SORROW. THIS TRUTH IS, THAT “GOD IS TOO WISE TO MAKE MISTAKES AND TOO GOOD TO BE UNKIND”. THOUGH THIS TRUTH MAY NOT BE EXPLICITLY REVEALED IN ONE SPECIFIC VERSE OF SCRIPTURE, IT IS WOVEN THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE BIBLE.

WE MAY NOT ALWAYS UNDERSTAND GOD’S TIMING WHEN A LOVED ONE IS TAKEN FROM US. WE MAY EVEN QUESTION THE WISDOM OF IT. HOWEVER, BECAUSE “GOD IS TOO WISE TO MAKE MISTAKES AND TOO GOOD TO BE UNKIND”, WE HAVE THE ASSURANCE THAT HIS TIMING IS ALWAYS PERFECT.

MEDITATE ON THIS TRUTH AND ALLOW GOD TO GRACIOUSLY FILL THE VOID IN YOUR LIFE WITH HIS LOVE; RELIEVE THE ANGUISH OF YOUR HEART WITH HIS COMFORT; DISPEL YOUR SORROW WITH HIS PEACE.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU!

WILLARD (BILL) HAMMOND
LORAIN, OHIO

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 07-08-2004, 06:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to huntersgirl
I am shocked, saddened, sympathetic, and trying to hold back tears for a man I did not know as well as I would have liked. I sit here thinking about how little we realize the extent that we touch one anothers lives. The impact we all can have without even realizing it, or being appreciated for it until it is too late. I will not mourn, I know that many need this process and for you I send all my best wishes and vibes that you will find the strength and courage to get through this tough time. Instead I will revel in what was, smile at memories that are shared, and learn. See ya on the other side!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Never say never, but if you do it's okay to change your mind~me, I think
Old 07-08-2004, 06:50 AM
Kick His Ass

sorry for your loss lexi
Old 07-08-2004, 06:57 AM

In the words of Bilbo Baggins...

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

For me, Skip falls into that second catagory. It is with regret I admit that, as he definately deserved more. That so many people have expressed grief and sorrow at his passing is enough to show anyone that he was one of those very special people, the sort that make life worth living.

Many of you have spoken of the positive influence in your life, and in the lives of others. So long as that remains, and his memory remains with us, he is still with us. As long as the seeds he planted continue to grow and flourish, he is still with us, and his life continues through us, and hopefully we can pass those seeds on to others. Then, maybe, the whole world will be filled with his legacy.

Finally, take this event to realise that nobody can tell the future. Life is often too short to hold grudges, to be selfish, to let friendships go unreaslised. When someone upsets you, don't sit and sulk, give that person a hug and forgive them. When you stop caring about the happiness of others, look in the mirror and realise a selfish person is a lonely one. When you meet someone new, don't just say hi and walk on by, take time to get to know that person because you might be missing out, and tommorow you may not have chance.

For Takira and I, and all those pixies who can't post or have left us, goodbye Skip. May your memory live with us and inspire us to be the sort of person people will miss as much when we are gone.

Angel's Hot Weekend (part 1)
Old 07-08-2004, 07:08 AM
Passion & Power

Send a message via MSN to Glyndwr Send a message via Yahoo to Glyndwr
There have not been many times in my life when I have been genuinely lost for words however............

~stunned silence~

I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul

Old 07-08-2004, 08:06 AM

I haven't been around. I just now found out. I feel like I've been kicked.

And somewhere in the back of my mind I know that what I feel is grief for missed opportunities. There's a hole in the world, a man I didn't know well and wish that I knew better. And now I won't.

Add to that, there are people here who did know him well...and whose grief is a whole hell of a lot more immediate. And I want so much to reach out and help them in thier pain, but I'm more of a doer in crises than a talker...and there's no damned place to send the casserole. But it hit me as I read through the thread....if this blasted screen, this virtual haze, doesn't stop the love and support, doesn't filter out the hurt....then maybe words are more than I've given them credit for. Maybe just saying that I wish I could help, in some way, does. The reality of the connections made in a place like this may not be something we can easily explain, but they are real and should be cherished. Maybe that's the last lesson Skip left us? For me at least.

My heart goes out to his friends and family. May you remember the laughter long after the tears stop coming. And then, in the end, know that you are more blessed for having known him.

G
Old 07-08-2004, 03:34 PM

wow.....speechless and saddened - RIP my friend. We'll miss you.

Don’t let the hardship of the past, take away from the joy of the present
Old 07-08-2004, 06:03 PM
~la quelle~

Unhappy

I am so sorry to hear about Skipthisone's passing. Although I'm not a frequent poster here I am a frequent lurker and I always enjoyed reading STO's entries. I'm saddened for everyone's loss especially for those near and dear to him. May he rest in peace.