Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Made in England

Wink Canada....enquiring minds want to know!

Just a simple request...... cause enquiring minds need to know

List one thing (more if you want to) that you know or have heard about Canada and Canadians.

It can be historical, current news, myths...anything at all.
Ask questions too if you feel inclined......

Old 02-08-2003, 12:44 PM

It snows a lot, and PixieSprite lives there. Sounds a great place

Angel's Hot Weekend (part 1)
Old 02-08-2003, 12:46 PM
Made in England

It all depends where you live regarding the snowfall. British Columbia very rarely sees snow......whereas the east coast usually gets bombarded.
Old 02-08-2003, 12:48 PM
Failed voyeur*

Send a message via Yahoo to T-S
QE II still the head of state
Old 02-08-2003, 01:24 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Vacationed in Canada one time! It was wonderful. But when I went to get gas I had no idea how much I was getting (due to the fact that I couldn't convert gallons to litres....or however thats done). And the speed limits seemed ludicrous to me. I am used to MPH........I had no idea how fast I should be going till I tried to keep up with a little old lady in front of me and discovered I was going much too fast. The nice officer explained it very well!

I also had more money in Canada then if I had stayed in the states to vacation. WooooHooo! Bonus!

The people were extremely friendly! We camped at a provincial park (state park in the U.S.) and took a camp site called "boating in" where you got a canoe and rowed the lake till you came to a site you liked and then you set up camp. Hubby and I thought we found a really secluded site and we set up camp. During the evening it started to rain and our tent filled with water and we had to move to higher ground. While doing this we found that a boat had docked at "our" dock. No one was around and so we figured they were aboard sleeping. Next day we rose and started breakfast and dressed and cleaned up camp and went for a swim and fished.....and still not a peep from that boat. Somewhere around 2pm the boat came alive. Four guys disembarked and started hooting and hollering and partying like crazy! Here I was on a secluded island with 5 men. Could a girl have a better fantasy? They were the cutest guys (all 4 of um) and they were so nice and so fun to hang out with! They had the best beer and pot I have had in years! Oh, that's another thing......in the states the alcohol content of a specific brand name of beer (Labatt's in this case) is less than in Canada. I have never gotten drunk on 3 beers in my life.....but I did on this vacation!

BTW! Those guys would periodically quiz us on what we actually knew of Canada as well. Did we know the current president's name.....etc.? To be honest (and to prolly reveal my stupidity here) I had thought Canada was a parliment and I didn't know at the time that they had an elected president. Boy was my face red! They told us they knew that American's weren't required to learn as much about other countries in school unless they chose to take specific courses on them, but that they (Canadians) are REQUIRED to learn nearly EVERYTHING about America. They joked that they are better citizens of the U.S. than we are, as they knew more about our constitution and the laws of our land than we did. If you think about it, any alien trying to become a citizen of the U.S could make this claim. Tests have proven it!

Also, we noticed as we entered the country that almost everyone seemed to drive with their headlights on. This was around the time when car manufacturers started making cars that when you started the engine the lights would automatically come on and stay on. Now either we hadn't noticed this saftey precaution in the states and it was more pronounced in Canada as we were typical tourists and looking and taking in every site, or this saftey precaution hadn't made it's debut in the states yet. I am not sure to this day about that. But when that nice officer stopped us and explained the "lay of the land", we asked if it was a major holiday in Canada and to show respect all Canadians turned on their headlights while driving. The nice officer (with a grin on his face) explained the saftey precaution to our embarrassed selves.

Anyway........this was also the trip that unconditionally proved to my hubby that I did indeed know my north from my south (I have a terrible sense of direction without a map) and that I could navigate an unknown country and get us back home safely with the help of a map. Perth was beautiful....BTW!

TY for your hospitality Canada!

Oh...and one more thing. Wherever I go I usually pick up the accent almost immediately. I still to this day, say ya'll when I am drunk....from my travels down south. I also now say, eh, alot! Those party boys (from the boat) said it all the time and other than watching The Mckenzie Brothers on Second City TV (The Great White North) I would have never known that. Pretty interesting....eh? LOL!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 02-08-2003, 01:30 PM
Am I really here?

Send a message via ICQ to dadaist Send a message via AIM to dadaist Send a message via Yahoo to dadaist
I took a then-gf through part of Ontario for Labo(u)r Day weekend 1998. We really enjoyed ourselves.

The car thing was a bit different, remembering km/h and buying gasoline by the liter, but not too tricky. I kept a few of the coins, and we picked up a couple of books (Haunted Ontario, and I don't remember the other one). No I've not been to these listed haunted sites, but I'd like to go some time. Heck, there's still all the other provinces too.
Old 02-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Made in England

Quote:
Originally posted by LixyChick
Vacationed in Canada one time! It was wonderful. But when I went to get gas I had no idea how much I was getting (due to the fact that I couldn't convert gallons to litres....or however thats done). And the speed limits seemed ludicrous to me. I am used to MPH........I had no idea how fast I should be going till I tried to keep up with a little old lady in front of me and discovered I was going much too fast. The nice officer explained it very well!

They had the best beer and pot I have had in years! Oh, that's another thing......in the states the alcohol content of a specific brand name of beer (Labatt's in this case) is less than in Canada. I have never gotten drunk on 3 beers in my life.....but I did on this vacation!

BTW! Those guys would periodically quiz us on what we actually knew of Canada as well. Did we know the current president's name.....etc.? To be honest (and to prolly reveal my stupidity here) I had thought Canada was a parliment and I didn't know at the time that they had an elected president. Boy was my face red! They told us they knew that American's weren't required to learn as much about other countries in school unless they chose to take specific courses on them, but that they (Canadians) are REQUIRED to learn nearly EVERYTHING about America. They joked that they are better citizens of the U.S. than we are, as they knew more about our constitution and the laws of our land than we did. If you think about it, any alien trying to become a citizen of the U.S could make this claim. Tests have proven it!

Also, we noticed as we entered the country that almost everyone seemed to drive with their headlights on. This was around the time when car manufacturers started making cars that when you started the engine the lights would automatically come on and stay on. Now either we hadn't noticed this saftey precaution in the states and it was more pronounced in Canada as we were typical tourists and looking and taking in every site, or this saftey precaution hadn't made it's debut in the states yet. I am not sure to this day about that. But when that nice officer stopped us and explained the "lay of the land", we asked if it was a major holiday in Canada and to show respect all Canadians turned on their headlights while driving. The nice officer (with a grin on his face) explained the saftey precaution to our embarrassed selves.

Anyway........this was also the trip that unconditionally proved to my hubby that I did indeed know my north from my south (I have a terrible sense of direction without a map) and that I could navigate an unknown country and get us back home safely with the help of a map. Perth was beautiful....BTW!

Well Lixy you were had......Canada is run by an elected parliment. The party that gets the most votes has a leader he/she becomes the Prime Minister of Canada who heads the Federal Government. Provinces have Premiers who head the provincial goverments........

Years ago there was a far greater requirement in schools to learn about America but this was due to the text books. Back then they were mainly published in the states and of course about the states.

As far as a courtesy to use headlights in this country....it may well be but I have never heard of this as being a sign of respect. The newer cars of course have them on at all times. I tend to flash my lights to oncoming traffic if I have passed a cop to let others know one is ahead waiting for them with radar. Me thinks the cop was grinning for a reason.....the big shit!

And you have been to Perth......love it there. Very quaint area around that region.
Yes we do have the best beer for the money!!!!!! Labatts triple X 12% alcohol.

I still dont get the conversion of the metric system either!!!!! And yes it is true your money goes farther here in Canada than the States and...........SO DOES MINE!!!!!! lmao
Old 02-08-2003, 02:31 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally posted by BIBI
And yes it is true your money goes farther here in Canada than the States and...........SO DOES MINE!!!!!! lmao

Oops! Yeah! Never thought of that........except that I don't know if the pay scale is similar in the states as in Canada. Example....I live in Pa. and if I were to commute to New York to earn a living and still maintain a residence in Pa., I would own a larger more expensive estate than I do currently! If I were to commute to Canada and still maintain citizenship and homeownership in the states, could I still afford the property I own now? That's pretty much what I meant!

Sooooooo......I'd been had, eh? Why I outta go back to Perth and look them fellers up and give em a piece of my........um....mind! LOL! They were so fun.....I have really fantastic memories of that trip....it's spontanaiety.....and the outcome! We left Pa. without an agenda.......and it turns out it was one of my best vacations ever!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 02-08-2003, 02:36 PM
Made in England

Hey Lixy, I just meant the rate of exchange on the money.......it is far cheaper for me to stay home than venture to the states anymore. I used to love vacationing in the good ole US of A .......but now it is almost 45 percent exchange rate on our dollar!
Old 02-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Everybody Stretch!

WoooooHooooooo! BIBI! I'll be right over with a pocket full of dough! We'll get together and partayyyyyyyyyyy!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 02-08-2003, 04:27 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

They have Mounties in uniform everywhere!!

If I got off a plane in Canada and didnt see a Mountie (complete with horse) first up....i'd be disappointed *LOL*...and they are all sexy and are always courteous...

Thank you kindly

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 02-08-2003, 04:41 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Thumbs up I only know a few things about my neighbor and they’re all good.

Can’t remember ever hearing any serious derogatory comments about it. (That is except for that ONE province that hasn’t gotten the word that you’re no longer a dominion, but a free, independent, federated country now. Although it’s understandable as they don’t speak the language )
I know that you are the biggest country on the planet and that 93% of your population lives within 200 miles, (320 Km)of the coastlines or US boarder. I know that my spiritual leader and guru, Red Green, dwells up there. And I know that we should be more grateful to you for all the topsoil the glaciers bulldozed from you and dumped for our farmers at the same time they dug out the Great Lakes and gave us the largest fresh water deposit in the world. Sorry we haven’t taken better care of it all. I don’t know how you were smart enough to adopt the metric system, like the rest of the world, when you’re so influenced by the economic and media giant to the south.
I’ve found some of the sexiest ladies at Pixies come from there and one VERY special one.
I know who’s embassy in Iran gave shelter for six months to Americans when ours was overrun and hostages were held for 449 days.:whiteghos
And I personally found it very novel to see MOOSE CROSSING signs along your major highways.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moosecrossing.jpg (10.2 KB, 545 views)

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 02-08-2003, 08:04 PM
Made in England

dadaist

I don't know a thing about Haunted Ontario other than the fact we are still being haunted by the former premier and all the garbage he implemented "The Common Sense Revolution"........imagine a politician claiming to have common sense!!!!!

Lixy

Rock on girl......we can go to all the hotspots along the way back up to Perth. Mind you to get there we would have to go through Toronto, soooooo you may be here for a while!

Sharniqua

I hate to disappoint you.......but we are only allotted one mountie per person here...lmao, but if you ever come here I will gladly share mine with you! You can mount and ride all you want to...err the horse I mean

Pantyfanatic

Holy duct tape PF...quick to the bedroom! Red Green is awaiting on the VCR. I am impressed with you(lay back and relax and I will soothe you with the cool cool texture of satin)...actually knowing about that silly province who's leaders think they are part of France. It amazes me to go to Quebec (politically correct pronunciation being "K-beck") for so many there do not know a word of English and even if they do , they won't speak it. We have bilingual signs all over the place in Canada and kids have to learn French in school but the kids in Quebec don't have to learn English!
Oh you hit a nerve I think

re: Moose/Deer Crossings

I remember a nice old aunt visiting from the states asking my mother why they have deer crossings on such busy roadways!
Old 02-08-2003, 08:11 PM
Made in England

Quote:
Originally posted by T-S
QE II still the head of state

Old Bessie......yes she still is a figurehead for Canada Australia and Great Britain! Go figure!
Old 02-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Melted

Re: I only know a few things about my neighbor and they’re all good.

Quote:
Originally posted by pantyfanatic
And I personally found it very novel to see MOOSE CROSSING signs along your major highways.

pantyfanatic... you only laugh til you pass thisclose to hitting a moose!!!

Si à travers nos veines coule encore le sang...
Si dans les jeux d'enfants on entend encore l'accent...
Si nous sentons encore l'espoir de nos grands-parents...
Si dans les voiles du large souffle encore le vent...
Y'a jamais eu de Grand Dérangement.