Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2003, 01:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Nix The Chix???

First I want to apologise for not keeping up with current events at
Pixies this week!I have been undergoing alot of tests(Stress,Anscore,etc)that all have to do with my diabetes.I'm sorry,
but it concerns my immediate family,not my pixies family.As you
know,tho you may disagree with me,I usually have most of the
facts,before I voice my opinion.I waited to see if anyone wrote
about this but am to pissed off to wait any longer!Most radio stations have talked about it this morning.I am in favor of everyone voiceing their opinion,as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.
I have never understood why so-called celebritys(movie stars,
actors,singers,etc.)opinions should be taken with anymore value
than anyone elses.It's ALL over the radio this morning that the
Dixie Chix,after giving a concert overseas,lead singer,stated that
she was not only against a war,but that they were "ASHAMED" that G.Bush was from Texas.The largest supporters of C&W are
the Armed Forces.Most Texans that I have known,act almost as if
Texas were its own country.What is your opinion of this statement?As I said,I agree that people are entitled to their own
opinion.I don't have all of the facts but from what I heard,on the
radio,everyone,Especially Texans are extremely mad.There had even been talk of boycotting anything by them. Irish
Old 03-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Multi-Sexual

Well, I'm sorta confused, what did you want an oppinion on, the Dixie Chix, or that Texans like to consider themselves a country of thier own? Sorry, that was just getting jumbled in my brain.

My oppinion on the DC is that they are just as entitled to an opinion as anyone else. I personally don't support the war, because I'm terrified of what the terrorists will being here to us, and to our children. I don't think this war will be completly off-shore.

I don't support the impending desicion of war, but I understand where it is needed. One thing about a free country, is that free will is going to come to the fore front in people's thoughts on certain matters. Just because the local grocer supports the war, doesn't mean I'm going to boycott shopping there.

I'm not an activist, however, and don't get into things like boycotting. So, would I boycott a musical group just because I don't agree with all of thier own oppinions. Hell, I can't stand the things Eminem preachs about, or states as his own oppinions, but I like his music.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:32 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Texas was it's own country once.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-14-2003, 01:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to DragonLady
I believe we have the right to defend our country to make it better for our children.

But I don't believe in a Hatred War because you just don't like that country so lets blow them up kinda thing..

But end the end we are only voices we don't make the decsions good ole President Bush does... Either he will screw us or help us .. Some time close to home is the bigger enemy
Old 03-14-2003, 01:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
I'm sorry that I didn't make myself clear.I was asking about
if people thought that people should voice their opinions,about
their country,while in other countrys.Their opinions might be
right or wrong,but in most places they wouldn't be able to voice
their opinions.I'm trying to stay non-political on this.I also hate
war but can see the reason for stopping a tyrant, to help others!
In my opinion the old" Not in my Backyard"has to stop someplace.
Someday it could be OUR backyards! Irish
Old 03-14-2003, 02:14 PM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
Well i think.......you know they.......that is just..........will the madness.......yep that is all I have to say.
Old 03-14-2003, 02:17 PM
Multi-Sexual

Quote:
Originally posted by skipthisone
Well i think.......you know they.......that is just..........will the madness.......yep that is all I have to say.

Can I quote you on that?
Old 03-14-2003, 02:19 PM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
Anytime.
Old 03-14-2003, 02:34 PM
Multi-Sexual

Old 03-14-2003, 02:36 PM
Working Stiff

Irish~ I just read about that on the website of a local country station here in Dallas. I like the Dixie Chicks' music, have never been to fond of them as people. As far as their comments about "Dubya" they better just keep their asses in Nashville. As far as their right to make the comment...sure..everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but just because you're a celebrity, don't think that your status alone makes you a spokesperson. I myself am all for the war. We're finally finishing something that George Sr started over 10 years ago. Now that N. Korea has come into the picture, I'm not sure how it will go, but I have faith in our men and women over there. Just my 2 cents.

PS...Hope you're feeling better!
Old 03-14-2003, 03:53 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to huntersgirl
I have to say that the thing that worries me the most about celebrities in general is they DO have an opportunity to reach millions with their opinions. They along with all media represent America. And I find that very unfortunate. Sometimes (especially when I travel) I am almost embarrassed to admit that I am American. It is unbelievable how many non Americans out there have an extremely distorted view of how we are, but understandable given the press that only a certain few have. I can also understand that these celebrities want to take advantage of their coverage to maybe support a political view, but I wish they would realize that some foreigners may then think that their humble opinions are a general consensus.

And that is my humble opinion on the subject
Old 03-14-2003, 04:31 PM

Yes, Natalie Maines has the right to express any opinion any time she wants any place she wants.

It is the lowest form of anti-americanism to suggest that an American is anti-american for his or her opinions.

Yes, entertainers do have an advantage in that they can engage an audience with their opinions. I know quite a few entertainers, and there is a political cross-section much like that of the rest of society, some are more verbal than others. I do feel that some of the more liberal views get expressed more because creative people tend to have more exposure to the world around them and to the inner workings of the heart than most others. This tends to lead toward a kind of compassion that you probably won't get from, say, the CEO of Enron.

This thread is officially OT!!!(except to say that the Chicks are still sexy).
Old 03-14-2003, 04:37 PM

Here's a nickle's worth of dung:

I don't think that the war in Iraq is warrented (the case has not been totally proven, well not enough to have people die). I also don't think that Bush will back down. This is a second chance to "get" Hussein. And I agree with Gilly, if there is a war with Iraq, not all the battles will be "over there".

Texas was its own country, it was called Mexico.

Personally, I don't listen much to celebrity opinion. I usually find that they are at best, half-informed and half-cocked.

What scares me more than Iraq is North Korea. There is a nation with nothing to lose. No oil, no resources, no trade, no commerce. How can you put trade or aid restrictions/bans on a country that has nothing? They are a very dangerous group as their leaders are not likely to back down (a loss of face issue). That is not going to be a pretty item.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:42 PM
Working Stiff

And to beat it all...they didn't have the guts to say it on American soil....They made the now-infamous comment at a concert in the UK!
Old 03-14-2003, 08:05 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

I’m with Irish!

So give Texas back to Mexico.

We all know how plugged into reality celebrities (from anywhere in the world) are. The only thing that does bother me is the people that give a shit what they have to say. That 1% of humanity that is in your face flapping their jaws are not the problem. Check out the 99% that cock their ears to listen to these assholes.

Leaders of any kind, … for any reason, can only lead followers.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world