Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2003, 07:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Question Does it ever end?

I have never been much of a C&W fan.In all fairness,it has
changed alot.It used to be all nasely,twangy crap.I watched the
CW awards last night because my wife is a BIG CW fan.She likes
Toby Keith.She says that he reminds her of me when I was
younger.When he gave a concert to the troops,with the headband,goatee,medium length blond hair,etc.She says that it looks like a heavier,less muscular me.Anyway,last night he won
the most popular CW singer?This is what she told me afterwards.
I guess that it was between Toby,The Dixy Chix,and others.She was listening to a CW station,while driving to work this morning.
The disc jockey,said that Natalie had a shirt on last night in concert,that had the initials on it,that said:F.U.T.K.,supposedly
meaning F--K you,Toby Keith.He said that she is totally out of
control&that it's too bad that she's ruining the other two members
careers! Irish
P.S.Has anyone else heard of this?
Old 05-22-2003, 07:36 PM
IGGY MY LOVE IS HOME!!!!

What I heard it is supposed to mean:
Freedom
Understanding
Tolerance
Knowledge

Kinda like the freedom of speech shirt she wore to another concert.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:39 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

Yes.. I did.. and it only serves as a reminder to me that I will NEVER ever purchase any of the Dixie Bitch's music...

I enjoyed their music BEFORE their comment about Pres. Bush... and haven't listened to any of their music since. Natalie Maines's actions last night was only the nail in the coffin for me..

Before last night... I had a little bit of sympathy for the other 2 girls in the group.... today that sympathy is not there... the first comment about the Pres was supposedly off the cuff.. thus I didn't blame the other girls for the actions of the one... last nights subtle (if you want to say that) statement was something that they (the other two girls) could have stopped.. but chose not to... their problem now.

Her shirt most certainly said F.U.T.K. and no matter what anyone says, it was unnecessary and completely juvenile of her to do so. I think that these girls didn't have the guts to show up at the awards... and their time in the limelight has exceeded the welcome..
Old 05-22-2003, 07:45 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

IggysGirl...

T.K. on the shirt.. SUPPOSEDLY meant Toby Keith.

The reason... the long fueled public dislike for what the other stands for..

When Toby Keith released "The Angry American", Natalie Maines came out publically and said that the song portrayed Americans to be ignorant, ellitest, etc...

When Natalie Maines made her comment about Bush, Toby Keith did not hesitate putting in his two cents...

and now.. Natalie has taken the next sucker punch...

Personally, I don't like Toby Keith much... but I do like the patriotism that the man stands for...

Rumor was that Toby Keith left the music awards early because he was pissed about Natalie's shirt... tho some reports I have heard was that he left because he didn't think he was gonna win and opted to go work on a song with Willie Nelson.

No one will ever know the exact reason... tho I would imagine that IF Toby was pissed... if he had gone back on that stage afterwards, it probably wouldn't have been pretty.

FYI... Toby is gonna be on the Jimmy Kimmel show tonight... might be interesting
Old 05-22-2003, 08:01 PM

Old 05-22-2003, 08:19 PM
IGGY MY LOVE IS HOME!!!!

Jenna Thanks I didn't know all that. I am not a big country fan but I do like certain songs by both DC and TK. Geez I thought pettiness like that ended once you got out of HS. If the shirt did mean fuck you then the DC are really asking for their career to be over.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:01 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Re: The Dixie Chicks AND Toby Keith.............

What ever happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH????

Whether or not I agree or disagree with what they said, they had every right in the world to express their opinion. We all also have the right to buy or not buy their music. But I feel the radio stations continuing to boycott them months after their comments is nothing more than economic blackmail. I've stopped listening to my favorite Country music station because they are still refusing to play the Dixie Chicks music.

I watched the show last night.....I honestly didn't notice Natalie's shirt.

I think the entire audience was being juvenile by booing like they did. And if Toby Keith, whom I adore, left because of something as petty as letters on a shirt, then he's just as juvenile.

I think they ALL need to get over it. The Chicks have apologized, more than once. What more must they do? Wear Scarlet letters?
Go around in sackcloth and ashes? No matter what they do, they'll never satisfy everyone.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 05-22-2003, 09:12 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

I am a complete supporter of the Freedom of Speech.. HOWEVER.. this situation has long ago passed the line..

Now.. I will not rehash more of the Bush thing than I did in my prior post above.. my opinion on that will not ever change..

I do agree, that it is in the past, but like all things, things done (whether positive or negative) are never forgotten. Yes, the actions between both the Dixie Bitches and TK linger on the juvenile side... but then again.. that is where the free speech goes into play... right?

I don't believe for a moment that TK's actions were at all selfish, or childish when it comes to his decision to leave. He is well known for being a man of strong conviction, and without a doubt he probably realized that IF he happened to get back up to the mic during the evening he might have stepped farther over the line than the event was deserving of. I think that TK has more respect for the event and his fellow entertainers to put a negative memory into that night... the same can't be said for Natalie.

There was NO reason for such a remark to be said.. and I do firmly believe that her choice to say it may signal the long overdue end to them
Old 05-22-2003, 09:17 PM

I ,almost ,always watch Jimmy Kimmel.He says it the way he feels it.I had it on after my exercises last night,but I fell asleep in my
recliner,so I didn't hear about Toby Keith being on.I'll watch it,tonight,for sure! Irish
P.S.I'm not sure what the FUTK meant.I only know what the
disc jockey said.If it did mean Fuck You.That did go out in High School!
Old 05-22-2003, 09:39 PM

Talking

Sugarsprinkles---Toby Keith,might have a temper,like mine!
I have,many times,walked outside,when my wife & I were
argueing,because I knew that I would say something,that I
really didn't mean.Juvenile?Maybe,but sometimes,descrestion
is the better part of valor! Irish
Old 05-22-2003, 09:47 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
That may very well be the case Irish. But it would have been nice if he'd had them give some kind of believable excuse as to why he left. Just leaving without letting anyone know, no matter now good or understandable the reason was, at the very best thoughtless. Not so much the leaving, but the not at least 'appearing' to have a reason.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 05-22-2003, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarsprinkles

What ever happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH????

Whether or not I agree or disagree with what they said, they had every right in the world to express their opinion. We all also have the right to buy or not buy their music. But I feel the radio stations continuing to boycott them months after their comments is nothing more than economic blackmail. I've stopped listening to my favorite Country music station because they are still refusing to play the Dixie Chicks music.

I watched the show last night.....I honestly didn't notice Natalie's shirt.

I think the entire audience was being juvenile by booing like they did. And if Toby Keith, whom I adore, left because of something as petty as letters on a shirt, then he's just as juvenile.

I think they ALL need to get over it. The Chicks have apologized, more than once. What more must they do? Wear Scarlet letters?
Go around in sackcloth and ashes? No matter what they do, they'll never satisfy everyone.

Sugar, wouldn't the audiences booing and the listeners requesting the radio stations to not play their music, qualify as freedom of speech too?

I know here in Dallas they did a survey of the listeners and by a margin of more than 80% were against them playing the DC's music on the radio. And they listened to their listeners instead of losing them.

As far as them booing, supposedly at their first concert since all of this. Natalie even told people in the crowd to boo if they felt the need. Looks like the crowd in Vegas had the need.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:15 PM
Working Stiff

I'm with Jenna on the "Dixie Bitch" thing. Had Natalie spouted off her now infamous comment during a US concert, then yes it's freedom of speech. But, like I've said earlier, the bitch didnt' have the balls to say it here..she said it in England. Toby is one of my favorite CW artitsts because of his conviction and patriotisim. I didn't watch the CMA's but if that's what her shirt meant, then I don't blame Toby for leaving early. Knowing Toby if he HAD stuck around after that...there would've been quite a few off color comments about the "Bitches". Again..just my 2 cents.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Wanting More

*sigh* You are right Irish, it never ends...

Old 05-23-2003, 12:12 AM

I think Jenna and Irish know how I feel

In fact, ten times stronger than the last time we discussed this.