Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Personals
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2003, 03:51 AM
Just me.

Rain, Rain ... Go Away.

Dang. Intended to spend a relaxing evening in the Chat Room when it started raining.

And it rained, and it rained and it rained. Almost 8" of rain. We lucked out and had only a little come into our basement through a window well but it could have been much, much worse. We ran out to get a wet vac and had to drive through a foot of water or more and watched water being forced up out of the storm drains. Really bad news.

Thank heavens the electricity stayed on and the sump pump kept working.

Any of you other mid-westerners have any problem with storms yesterday or last night? Scarecrow ... IAKG? Anyone?
Old 07-10-2003, 04:02 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

DB, my weather radio has gone off every day at 2:00 p.m. this week. We alternate between the severe thunderstorm watch-warning-tornado watch-warning smorgasboard. We have been fortunate so far to only received massive cloudbursts and bad winds and have skipped the hail (but keeping the fingers crossed!) Tuesday afternoon the power went out at work and I couldn't connect to their servers--damn shame.

Sorry to hear about the basement. We've had some come in as well, but thankfully not to the same degree. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and our other midwestern Pixies that we make it through the whims of Mother Nature safe and sound.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 07-10-2003, 11:24 PM
Registered Dork

Nothing major in the last two days here except very cold weather.

We lost several trees last weekend though...does that count?

Man dicksbro, 8 inches is a LOT of.........

rain.

What did you think I was gonna say?
Old 07-11-2003, 01:36 AM

We have rains here in the last 6 days. And the worst is that it never stops, it just comes and goes, comes and goes.
Today is the first time I can have more than 6 hours without rain..... took the opportunity to go out to do some errands and for a walk.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:55 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

Hey Dicksbro; yea we got it to but not as bad, only got 6inchs in the last 2 days. We were in a flash flood watch down this way yesterday.
Old 07-12-2003, 05:42 AM
Just me.

LOL RG.

I thought you meant rain.

Rats.
Old 07-12-2003, 10:47 AM
Suprise Me

We are on our second day without rain!

We also missed the hail... thru the watches/warnings... just a county south of us did have a tornado...

(the people may not like the rainy weather, but the CORN is luvin' it.. )

Old 07-14-2003, 06:11 AM
Just me.

Cheyanne, you're right about the corn. Noticed yesterday. It has just shot up. Somebody told me they were starting to detassel (sp) in some fields. Seems early for that, but then, I'm not a farmer. The corn plants are such a deep green color right now. Looks great!

We also have had a few really nice days now. Loving that!
Old 07-14-2003, 06:39 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Yep, Dicksbro, and I've got the sunburn to prove it. Woohoo!

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 07-14-2003, 01:33 PM
Am I really here?

Send a message via ICQ to dadaist Send a message via AIM to dadaist Send a message via Yahoo to dadaist
Right now is also the 10th anniversary of those lovely floods of 1993. I remember about this time 10 years ago a number of us that had been in Germany for the preceeding 12 months were worried about getting home....