Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2003, 08:39 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
< Love. Love, Love Love Crazy Love >

1) Is there such a thing as loving someone too much?

2) Has anyone ever loved you too much and if so what was it that made you feel it was too much?

3) Have you ever honestly felt unconditional love?

4) Have you ever given it?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-06-2003, 09:16 PM
Learning to talk sexy

1 ... Kind of .... some people call their obsessions "love" and that can be tooooo much.

2. Someone trying to keep too close of tabs on me makes me crazy .... my brother is one of those ultra romantic type guys (in a masculine way) ... but when I lived in the same town as him ... I couldn't ever tell him when I was sick cause if he knew, he'd call about 4 or 5 times a day to see how I was feeling .... when I'm sick I don't want to talk to anyone!!!! ... so, I realized a LONG time ago that I could never be married to someone with a romantic style like my brother .... tooo confining!

3. Yes .... from one of my very best friends .... I can tell her (and have) my deepest and most intimate or scary horrible or whatever type thoughts and she accepts it all and still is caring, and supportive.

4. I like to think I give it back to that friend and also to a couple of other really close friends of mine.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:36 PM
yada, yada, yada

Send a message via Yahoo to darogle

Yes, I have loved too much myself. My ex-wife comes to mind, along with all those unrequited loves. I have also seen women get battered and abused, but loved the guy too much, so they stayed.

2) Has anyone ever loved you too much and if so what was it that made you feel it was too much?

Yes, I had a stalker for about 4 months. Was nerve racking!

Everyday from my daughter.

Everyday for my daughter.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:53 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

I think at times my mother loves me too much.

The reason I feel this is because if I have a problem, I am afraid to talk to her about it as I know it will hurt her more than it is hurting me. She tries to protect me from everything in life, but I believe that it is important to allow your children to learn by their mistakes. I have been forced to learn a different technique for learning life skills - I learn from other people's mistakes - mainly my mother's.

I believe that I get unconditional love from my sister. Just last night I was talking to Fussy about the fact that I honestly believe that my tiny 5'3" sister would be one of those women capable of lifting a truck in the air if I was underneath it. Or that she'd be able to win a fight with Mike Tyson if it were to protect me in some way.

How can an unconditional love like the one my sister feels for me not be returned? She is me and I am her. We are sisters in every sense.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 08-07-2003, 01:58 AM
Now Seating

yes, i think so.

nope

yes

O.o given it?
Old 08-07-2003, 07:03 AM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
Re: < Love. Love, Love Love Crazy Love >

~ Yes

~ I dont know if it was love too much...but I have seen the psycho and didnt like it

~ Yes, for my kids, but not towards someone of the opposite sex.

~ Only to my kids.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:23 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

When there are more feelings of pain than joy, when the scales are tipped, serious consideration must be given to the direction of the relationship and the value placed upon it.

I have an ex-husband lurking around somewhere, a very possessive man who wanted to dominate me, my actions, my thoughts, and my feelings. Unfortunately, I'm a little more independent than that. When even my same-sex friends became a threat to him, I realized there were major problems.

About my children, yes. I think in adult relationships of any kind would require a good deal of patience and a *very* faulty memory in order to experience unconditional love.

To my children.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 08-07-2003, 07:28 AM

Re: < Love. Love, Love Love Crazy Love >

It's possible to love someone so much that their pain breaks your heart. Maybe that's too much. The only time I got even close to that, the feelings were all so intense that they basically burned themselves out. I couldn't stand watching him hurt himself any more. So it's hard to know, could've been the right love and the wrong guy...but in that case it was definately too much.

No. I've been put on a pedistal, and broke up with the guy because it was too much. But I've never been sure if that was love...because I think if you're going to idolize a human that much....you have to stop yourself from knowing the real them, faults and all. And I don't think you can really love without knowledge and understanding.

Rarely...but enough to know it exists.

Yes.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:10 AM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
The problem with unconditional love is, although love is and should be unconditional the relationships we set up for ourselves to contain this love is frought with conditions. If you want unconditional love,buy a puppy.Have I ever loved anybody too much? We tend to romanticise love.Right now I would settle for a good relationship with a lady I cold get along with and find myself carring about.This must be true love. If you ask me,people who obsess about another,do so out of a non existant self esteme.Might as well hear them say,You define me and without you,I'm nothing.Please don't get me wrong,I am not that cynical about love at all,but I do think it carries around to much baggage and if used as a crutch,it is called codependency,can be very unhealthy.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:24 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Quote:
Originally posted by lakritze
Might as well hear them say,You define me and without you,I'm nothing.

I was thinking about this as well. I am defined by those I love. I am honored to be associated with them. When I walk into a PTO meeting I am ___'s mom, not Lilith the demon bitch / student/ all the other things I am.....and that feels good to me. I think like it or not we are defined by the people we love and associate with. The problem arrises when you no longer have any self worth/ individual identity, when all that you are is tied up in your relationship with others.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-07-2003, 11:41 AM

Maybe the trick is that one of those people whom you love and take your definition from has got to be yourself?

Just a random thought.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:42 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

good answer!!!!!!

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 08-07-2003, 11:42 AM

Yes there is. Defenitly too much love can brake apart a good thing. I know, it happened to me. But we´re still good friend.

I do love being loved too much. I never complain much.

Unfortunatly never with a lover. Except from my parents, i know they would do anything for me. I would do to.

Yes, alot.
Don’t even dare
To say what I am
Without dismiss the picture of me from the canvas
Old 09-27-2003, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Max_theHitMan

Yes there is. Defenitly too much love can brake apart a good thing. I know, it happened to me. But we´re still good friend.

I do love being loved too much. I never complain much.

Unfortunatly never with a lover. Except from my parents, i know they would do anything for me. I would do to.

Yes, alot.

YES,I have been unconditionally loved by a very dear person to me, he was my first boyfriend, and unfortunatly, too much love did indeed break us apart, but we are still the best of friends, but even after 10 years apart, we still love each other unconditionally, it might seem strange, but when you know you are soul mates, unconditional love doesn't seem to be enough to bring the two of us together, so you satisfy your love by just beeing the best of friends.
Old 09-27-2003, 03:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlueSwede Send a message via Yahoo to BlueSwede
1.Yes.
2. No
3. Only from my children
4. Yes, a number of times