Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2003, 03:37 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
~Funk Removal~

When you are sad, right down to your soul, how do you pick yourself up?

Do you have anything special you do or listen to or even say to yourself? What do you do to cheer yourself up or do you surround yourself with people who are good at that?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-08-2003, 03:55 PM

Honestly, my grandmother taught me to remember that no matter how crappy life seems....there's always someone out there worse off. So when my mood doesn't seem to be working itself out, I focus myself entirely on finding one of those people who are having a worse day than mine...and do something to cheer them up.

Lets me forget that I should be sulking. And usually it does the trick.

Hokey and serriously pollyanna, I know. But if a bottle of wine and a bubble bath aint working...you've gotta do something!
Old 09-08-2003, 04:05 PM
Loungin' Around

My two best solutions:

1. A 4+ hour work out at the gym. Lift as many weights and do as much cardio as I can...creates pain in the body and lifts my soul... Of course, getting the endorphins flowing also helps.

2. Call a close friend and get together for some coffee, food, chat, etc. He always picks me up.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 09-08-2003, 04:20 PM
is not this trim anymore!

I know I'm opening myself up just a little too much, but if I feel myself going in to an emotional tailspin, I've found that the best thing to do is take control of the yoke (figuratively speaking...I don't grab my yoke) and go straight into a steep nose dive.

Grab your 8 year old daughter and both of ya just sit down and ball your eyes out like a couple of kids that just lost their favorite hamster. Soon as you can breathe and talk again, all will start to look brighter. Sometimes ya just gotta get it out of you in order to move on.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Wishful Thinker

Send a message via ICQ to BigBear57 Send a message via MSN to BigBear57 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBear57
I have one close friend who can tell if something's wrong from a simple hello. We've been close for years and when nobody else can help she seems to. She's always got that level eyed look at the situation. She's not afraid to tell me to get my head out of my ass either. We all need a good kick in the pants on occasion.

Love is not looking in each other's eyes, but looking together in the same direction - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Old 09-08-2003, 04:33 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I am infamous for drowning my sorrows in a scalding hot tub complete with candles and mudslides...Funny but that is the same prescription I take when I am in love

As for the work out... I'd need to work out for 4+ hours to work off the chocolate that is involved in a bitch & cry session with my best friend when one of us is wounded.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-08-2003, 04:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlueSwede Send a message via Yahoo to BlueSwede
Sometimes the only way I can deal w/it is to not deal w/it--to escape by going to sleep.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Learning to talk sexy

I'm a happy/smiley person by nature, so it is usually hormonal if I get really down .... knowing that somehow helps, cause I know it will disappear as soon as my hormones get back in "balance" ... but other than that .... I have 2 incredibly wonderful friends that no matter how bad things are, somehow when I talk with one or both of them, we always end up laughing about it .... that may take an hour or so .... but that's what cell phone free minutes are for aren't they???? !!!! LOL
Old 09-09-2003, 04:32 AM
Prince of Pervs

I have my little white pills from the doc they stop me getting in a funk

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Sarcasm: It's not big and it's not clever...........but it's funny as fuck!

The Special One!
Old 09-09-2003, 05:31 AM
Just me.

I like to go outdoors ... to the park or some tranquil place ... and watch the clouds, listen to the breeze rustling the leaves on the trees, and hear the birds sing. Seems like nature can really help me to unwind and regain my composure.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:35 AM
~*Forget Me Not*~

I do pretty much the same as DB or Lilith, soaking in a tub......but if all else fails, then I go SHOPPING by myself...for myself!

"Never shall I forget the time I spent with you. Please
continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours."
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Old 09-09-2003, 07:10 AM
I make sexytime with you

Sleep and eat more.
I want to do something that matters
Old 09-09-2003, 09:07 AM
Banned

Like GingerV, I hear my grandmother's voice when I'm down. "The wolf never stays long at one door," she'll calmly say.

It's true
Old 09-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Scottish Angel

If its just a "down" I am experiancing~~~~~~~I talk to friends and spend time wih DM.
iF ITS "DEPRESSION" hitting in again~~I seek medical help and of course the company of people who are close to me~~~~~~~~sitting siliently with my man and /or friends works wonders.