Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2004, 06:50 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Question What would you have done?

A couple days ago driving through my neighborhood I saw a young dark haired shaggy headed boy sitting up on his roof. I know I had to do a double-take.

So yesterday as I was coming home with my kiddo, who attends a different school than we are assigned to, I had to stop for the bus to let off the neighborhood middle-schoolers. By the time the bus pulled away I could see 2 boys jumping on roof-boy. His papers etc were tossed into the street but he was holding his own.

What would you have done? Anything? Nothing?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-19-2004, 07:16 AM
yada, yada, yada

Send a message via Yahoo to darogle
I would have stopped and broken it up. After that, who knows...depends on the circumstances. I might have considered a talk to the parents of the kid...find out why the hell he was up on the roof.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:33 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to having_fun
I would have stopped the fight. If you don't you send a bad message to your own children, "Don't get involved". Plus, think about if it were your son in a fight, two on one. Would you want someone to stop it?
Old 05-19-2004, 07:41 AM
is not this trim anymore!

I would've called the cops and broken it up, then sat there with the three of them until someone showed up.

What they realize that two isn't enough and bring a third guy next time & I'm not around? A visit from the police might help adjust their attitudes.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:53 AM
Multi-Sexual

I would've honked a few times before getting out and telling them to get lost.

The police might help, too, but it can take a long time for them to get around to something as small as a fight. Also, there are still some people who don't have a cell phone surgically implanted.

*edited to add:

Also, find out from all 3 kids where they live, and talk to each of their parents.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:17 AM
Just want to enjoy life!

Quote:
Originally posted by WildIrish
I would've called the cops and broken it up, then sat there with the three of them until someone showed up.

What they realize that two isn't enough and bring a third guy next time & I'm not around? A visit from the police might help adjust their attitudes.

Would have done about the same!

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
E. E. Cummings

My Pictures

Picture requests

As Promised
Old 05-19-2004, 08:25 AM
Loungin' Around

Yep, me too -- I firmly believe that the world would be a better place if more peoplegot involved. Although one might not get a sunny reception from the families...at least, don't expect one.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 05-19-2004, 08:37 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Until I found out any more facts,........ I'd start with WI and Cobalt's approach.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 05-19-2004, 08:53 AM
is not this trim anymore!

Quote:
Originally posted by PantyFanatic
Until I found out any more facts,........ I'd start with WI and Cobalt's approach.

You may wanna take the panties off your head, PF.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:03 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Then the hell with it!

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 05-19-2004, 09:48 AM
Suprise Me

My first instinct would be to stop the fight if I were able....however, being around kids all day (middle school age to high school) I can understand Lilith's question of hesitation.

1 - Had I stopped a fight now, what would happen to the kid at a later date when I wasn't there? Sometimes (as Lilith said - the kid was holding his own) letting the fight run its course may convince the other kids to leave him alone in the future.

2 - At school, we aren't allowed to stop a fight. I know that this sounds terrible, but we aren't the only school system that has this rule. Yes, people - it has come down to liability issues...sucks but true. We had a teacher that waded into a fight and the parents of the boy who started the fight was injured (by whom we don't know) and they sued the teacher...said the teacher injured the boy.

That being said, I would have probably stopped my car and got out of it and tried to stop the fight. I would have gotten names and called parents after that....

Old 05-19-2004, 09:56 AM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
I would have stopped the fight, too. No question about it. I would have talked to the beatee and found out his name and then I'd call the school the next day and make an issue about it. I'd then follow up with the school.

Earlier this year, my son was walking home from school and an older boy from his school started bothering him. It ended up with the older boy tripping my son, who then landed on his face, messing up his glasses among other things. I called the school and made a stink. The older boy got suspended and I got reimbursed for the glasses. Our schools don't put up with any crap, and that includes as the students are on their way to and from school.

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~
Old 05-19-2004, 11:21 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

btw....I stopped the fight

I just parked my car and stared them down, right there and then, middle of the road. Problem was when they let the kid up he went after them. So I backed my car up and followed him just making eye contact with him the whole way. He stopped eventually. Tough baby.

After the kids all dispersed I drove off, but didn't go home. I drove around the block and came back by to make sure it was really over, for now.

Not really sure where all the kids live. These were kids that live near me but not directly in my neighborhood. So although I made no permanent difference maybe they will think twice tomorrow. Oh and I saw an older gentleman come out of his place so maybe he'll keep an eye out too.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-19-2004, 11:38 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Oh and Chey~ my most fave principal here in town, broke a girl's arm when she pulled away from him as he was busting up a fight she started and he got removed and sent to desk duty for the district.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 05-19-2004, 11:41 AM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
Even if that boy was "holding his own", it's still chickenshit for those two others to gang up on him. Even though they might all beat the crap out of each other tomorrow, at least they didn't yesterday.

To not have done something because "it'll happen again", is alot like not doing anything when a toddler is in the street, because it'll happen again.

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~