Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2004, 02:12 AM
happy

Pixies-place weight loss support thread

Just a thread for those of us wanting to lose weight to post our progress, and to support others who are engaging in the battle of the bulge as well.

I invite you to share diet tips, excercise tips, relaxation and wellness tips, encouragement, etc.

I'd like to share that I've lost 32 lbs in the last while, and FINALLY gone down a dress size, which I discovered yesterday!
Old 06-14-2004, 03:08 AM
~~Kinky Bitch~~

Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1979
YAY thats great !!!!!!!!! iv ebeen struggling but even w the meds i dont seem to be doing anything , exercise and all ya know , oh well it may just kick in and take over i hope i hope i hope!!!

nikki
Old 06-14-2004, 03:14 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Lilith_82 - I've been thinking of starting a thread like this myself!

Well done on losing so much so far......Fussy and I have just started a weight loss programme, and at last week's weigh in, I'd lost 2lbs and he'd lost 4lbs! Not sure how we've done this week because we've eaten plenty of things we shouldn't have!

It's going to be slow progress for me, as I've about 68 lbs to lose.....but I'm really determined to be 3 dress sizes smaller by the time Fussy and I get married. Oh and yes guys, even losing that much weight will leave me with plenty of the curves you all love.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 06-14-2004, 08:38 AM
Count Spankula

Congrats to your accomplishments! A couple of years ago I realized that I was either going to have to lose weight or get bigger pants. I decided that I liked the pants I had too much to get rid of them.

I don't do well with diets. It's just not my thing. Although I've never really been very athletic, I decided I had to get into an exercise program. Seeing that I never set small goals for myself, I decided I would set a very large fitness goal. I gave myself 13 months to go from couch potato to finishing a marathon.

Well, 13 months later (and 35 pounds less) I completed all 26.2 miles. (and boy were my legs tired)

Good luck with your goals!
Old 06-14-2004, 08:59 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
So far I've lost 25 pounds and 1 almost 2 dress sizes (I'm in between now and not a damn thing fits well). I have hit a plateau and am really frustrated. It's hard to step up the excercise to get over the hurdle when it's 95+ but I know it's the only thing that is gonna get me there.

It's those damn problem spots (to be read as, tummy and butt *covers Aqua's eyes* that are driving me nuts). Gonna start swimming laps a couple days a week, on top of my walking.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 06-14-2004, 09:28 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
I've told this elsewhere, but after being the fatboy all my life, I finally lost the excess weight last year by embracing the low-carb lifestyle. about 10 years ago I was creeping up towards the 300 lb. range, cut back on the portions & had a gradual loss to about #225 at the beginning of 2003. Then a variety of health probs hit, including diabetes, & I started losing in a big way! I don't recommend these drastic measures to anyone, but it seemed my only option at the time...recently went to a party with some friends who hadn't seen me in 2 years, & they took a while to recognize me! So I have to say grats to all who are fighting the battle & losing (weight, that is), if I can do it after 47 years, you can do it too!

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Keeping warm

My senior year of high school I decided that I'd had enough. So over the next four months I lost a total of 20 pounds and now the total has made it to 30 pounds lost. I feel great, it's nice to walk into a store and it have Jr. sizes and being able to wear them, granted it's still the biggest size but hey it fits. To all of you trying I say keep it up cause nothing can taste as good as getting new clothes and having the old ones fall off. lol
Old 06-14-2004, 01:34 PM
happy

Congratulations, all!

I have more than just 30 or 40 lbs I want to lose. I wanted, when I began, to lose 120 lbs. I have about 90 more to go. Y'see, when I was in high school, I was a weight-lifter. I actually trained my high school senior football team in the weight-room. I was also a volleyball and football player, and just.. UBER-active. Then the car accidents began. I've been in 4 car accidents in the last two years. They've made the active lifestyle.. well, now I'm better, but for a couple years, I couldn't even walk 4 miles without pain. I still can't walk far without pain, but I have the ability to lift some weights. I used to be able to lift 800 lbs with my legs... now I can do about 400... so I have work to do.

Other issues came up over the last few years, and I actually DECIDED to gain weight, so that I would never be pretty again...

I've dealt with those issues, and think I'm damn pretty, and just want to be healthy.

I've been laid up on my back for weeks now, on bed-rest, for a bad back, but as soon as I have my doctor's okay, I'm buying a good bike, and going to use the hell out of it. I love bike-riding, and my spouse is going to buy one, too, so we can go for rides in the evening... *smile*

I feel good that I'm at least on the road to it... to my goal. *smile*
Old 06-14-2004, 03:50 PM

Wow, this is a good idea for a thread!
I'm terrible and should be losing weight. I have a medical reason too, (lol, and no it's not just an excuse! Although, I always used to use it as an excuse before I learned it was true!) But I still can't seem to get myself into it.
I need to start at a Gym because I know that as soon as I get started I will do well, but it's just getting there.... I'm sure I'll get round to it one of these days- There's a Gym about 20feet from where I work for goodness sake! LOL

I have a tip too, although most people will probably know this already... If you eat lots of pasta or bread, try to get way down. Replace the bread with something wheat-free and the pasta with Rice. Pasta and Bread will bloat you, and I bet you'd see a difference if you tried it for a while!

And of course, the classic- If you're feeling like you wanna eat, drink a glass of water, cos it might just be there you're thirsty, and you might find it does the job!

Good luck and hugs all round!
Old 06-14-2004, 04:04 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
According to the glycemic index pasta is a better choice than rice because of the process necessary to break it down once ingested.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 06-14-2004, 04:18 PM

Oh-kay, then! lol
Old 06-14-2004, 06:32 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

Did you know your body cant tell the difference between being hungry and being thirsty...it sends out the same signals for both

Which is why you should alway drink water before eating

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 06-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Great idea for a thread, Lilith_82! I knew I couldn't be the only one here at Pixies trying to lose weight.

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I've been going low-carb. Not completely as in the Atkins diet, but the Carb Addicts Diet. You still get to have carbs but only at one meal a day and your carbs need to balance out to 1/3 of your intake........protein and veg's being each 1/3 as well. I've also joined Curves. It's a fitness center for women only. I've been going 3 times a week.
I haven't been able to complete the full three circuits yet, but each time I'm getting better. And I've lost 6 pounds!!!!!!!!

I didn't gain it over night, and I'm not going to lose it overnight. I'd rather do this than have gastric bypass surgery if I can help it.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 06-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Keeping warm

Sugarsprinkles that is the best idea to have, and that's great that you are seeing results. May each success bring you closer to you goal in body and spirt.

as for me i don't want to be skinny i want to be the healthiest me i can be. i think about -40 pounds will be my goal weight loss from here on out.

P.S. i've found it helps when eating out to get child portions or when that isn't avaible , portion off about half of your meal and ask for it to be put in a take home container. this always helps for a quick lunch the next day.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:24 PM
~getting by~

Ugh, I know this road as well. I've not been on a diet perse, but just really trying to control my choices of eating. I do really well all day long at work (no sweet snacks and sensible portions). But home has been a challenge for me.

Like Sugarsprinkles, I'm also going to Curves. I love the workout. It's quick, effective, and easy to commit to. Just through the workout alone I can see definite devolpment of muscle mass below some of the fatty tissue.

I've lost about 20 pounds so far and my mini goal is another 40. That will put me about half way to the final goal.

And I can't encourage water drinking enough. I do my best to get in a minimum of 64 oz a day. I don't drink anything else, and have never been big on fluids, don't know why. But it really does provide the full feeling often and take away what I think might be hunger cravings.