Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2005, 08:44 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Residential Treatment Facilities

Someone I love is seriously considering finally getting help for a long term eating disorder. She relizes that outpatient therapy is just not cutting it and we spoke last night about residential facilities. Does anyone have any information about what we should be looking for in a program or facility? I think the worse thing that could happen would be for her to get herself into a program that doesn't really address the foundation of her problems. I'm also trying to find a place that has more than just an adolescent focus. Any ideas or things I should know to help her make a wise decision?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-22-2005, 09:16 AM
is not this trim anymore!

I don't know exactly how to go about determining it, but the facility must recognize that the eating disorder and its accompanying behaviors are a method of coping and the person's best attempt at dealing with life's stresses. Their goal in treatment should be to help the person identify their feelings and to help them develop alternative methods of coping that do not adversely affect their physical health and well-being. Any professional center will approach your friend's situation from this angle. The trick is to pick the center that's professional. Like I said, I don't know exactly how to go about doing that. Asking way too many questions is a great start.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:19 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

It's difficult because you have to move fairly swiftly. She's willing today but in a week who knows...

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-22-2005, 10:31 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
National Eating Disorders Association: 1-800-931-2237
A toll-free, national helpline that provides services, help and guidance to those with eating disorders and their friends/family.

National Organization of Anorexia and Associated Disorders: 1-847-831-3438
Information, support and treatment referrals.

good luck! and hugs for your friend

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 07-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Unbalanced Libra

Send a message via AIM to Dubblz Send a message via Yahoo to Dubblz
Call the numbers above..But I might try going to their family physician with them,too.They have resources,too.That's the road I took,when my Sister needed help
Old 07-22-2005, 11:03 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
after some googling i found a site that has treatment centers (in and out patient, and one-on-one couseling) listsed by state...let me know if you wan that.

while searching i came across lots of forums, too. that might be a good resource--maybe find someone who could personally recommend a facility right around the area you need.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 07-22-2005, 12:11 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I'll look into the forums, PM please. I have some listings for my state's centers.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 07-23-2005, 04:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bare4you
A friend of mine went and checked herself into a local hosptial for about 4-5 days and through the use of counseling and diet education and the support system she was able to realize while there - she has made great improvements. Check with the local hospital to start with.