Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Tease and Please

Send a message via Yahoo to AngelicVampires
Warning for Pet Owners

Orbit gum is VERY toxic to dogs. We had 3 dogs eat some of it all in the same week. Bloodwork from one dog showed the start of liver failure. Who knew chewing gum could be deadly???
Old 07-04-2008, 01:51 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
One wonders if people should be chewing it either.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
One wonders if people should be chewing it either.

Could be toxic in the way chocolate is also toxic to dogs, their livers aren't nearly as efficient as humans'...you wouldn't question whether people should be eating chocolate, would you?

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:09 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I knew someone would make that argument. I would in fact suggest that humans refrain from eating chocolate and that I be in charge of properly disposing of any that remains.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Yankee in Dixie

I would like to offer my professional chocolate eating services in the effort to rid of the world of this particular edible. I'd like to be in charge of the disposal of all German chocolate. >
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 07-05-2008, 06:21 AM

i think all chocolate should be melted down and poured over my dick. chocolate will then be banned to men but available to all women. check that MOST women. check that....SELECT women!
Old 07-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Old 07-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

So, of course, I went and looked up the ingredients to the chewing gum.

Sweeteners (Sorbitol, mannitol, maltitol syrup (sugarfree), aspartame, acesulfame K),
gum base,
humectant glycerine (non-animal), flavourings,
sodium bicarbonate 0.24% (bi-white),
antioxidant E320,
emulsifier lecithin

I'm betting it the sugar alcohols (sorbitol & maltitol), plus the putrid sweet (aspartame) that are the culprits here. Just a guess, though.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Insatiable

Wow, thanks for the tip re: Orbit gum.

For you dog owners out there...if your best friend gets into a good amount chocoloate by accident, pour some hydrogen peroxide down his/her throat to induce vomiting. Do this OUTSIDE because it will be a MESS....but you'll save your dog's life in the process.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
common sense

A long time ago, we fed our dogs on scraps from the table, cornbread and buttermilk, whatever we could. Now we have dogfoods from the cheapest Ol' Roy ( mostly corn based)to specialty freeze dried Biologically Accurate Raw Food (B.A.R.F) Diet. common sense dictates that if we have gone through this much freaking trouble to make special food maybe we should just stick to that instead of feeding or allowing access to the rest of the crap we eat?? For my show and competition dogs I boil or broil organic cow liver, beyond that my dogs eat Pro Plan, my personal fave of the premium feeds. My one with protein allergies is on a veggie formula made by Natures' Recipe, he has gained weight on it finally! If the dog is picky and or finicky try a different food, keep in mind that beneful, kibbles and bits, all the colourful, "extra yummy" feeds might as well be fruit loops, they are fine, in moderation, I sometimes add a half cup to a medium dogs ration if I'm feeling like giving a dog something extra but just being alive doesn't entitle them.

Granted I'm not your average pet owner, I have Search dogs, Conformation (like westminster) dogs, as well as performance event dogs for Flyball and agility. Most of my dogs are allowed in the house (unless we've been out on horseback and they found something to roll in....... ewwwwwwwww!) the one that doesn't come in much is unable to keep his feet under him on the floor, my poor old man would rather stay out on the grass and posturepedic bed since his back stroked out. otherwise he'd be in my bed. I love my pups but they don't get Steak trimmings, or bacon, or anything else from the table and it doesn't make them love me any less, they always try hard for me and listen when it's important. As for rolling in stuff, hey even a champion has to be a dog sometime!

Always gone to the dogs,
Kyttn