Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2002, 09:43 PM
Dollar Store Mackin'!

*headshake* guh...

am i the only one who finds damn near all new rock music to be completely unlistenable? i can't remember the last time in the past two years that i heard a new band that i was actually motivated to hear more of.
Old 05-03-2002, 11:55 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I am loving all the new stuff. Incubus, Linkin Park, Drowning Pool, Korn......Now you and I have seen eyeto eye on Yoo Hoo's, Slip n Slides and Space Cowboys....... I knew it had to end somewhere

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-04-2002, 12:19 AM
Dollar Store Mackin'!

i was a HUGE Korn proponent back when they first surfaced. from late '93 till around '96, i awaited a new Korn album like my next breath. hell, i pride myself on the fact that i can flawlessly sing a song that has no lyrics ("Twist"). and then... it happened. Follow The Leader, and a subsequent video for "Got The Life". everything after that album has been Buddha-awful. the band itself is still amazing, don't get me wrong. But Jon Davis has got to go. when he lost his rage, he lost his appeal for me. for my money, you won't find a more emotionally evocative album than their first, the self-titled outing. it was astonishing, and maintains that to this day. but everything after Life is Peachy can lovingly lick my pucker. i could go on and on about my distaste for the state of rock over the past three years, but i'll spare you good folks just this once.
Old 05-04-2002, 08:05 AM
yet seldom member

I do not think that there is nothing new that sounds great, but the majority of songs that are my favourites are of the past. Here we had some time ago this boygroup boom, now we are to finish the girlgroup/girlie boom and it seems to start now a retro boom (like Alcazar).
But I love my vinyl-records, my 80s hit collection, Toto, Sting, Sade, Tower of Power ASO..
Old 05-04-2002, 08:37 AM

New music?

Bah humbug!!

Mountains of auditory manure with a rare and precious sprinkling

of musical marvels.
Old 05-04-2002, 09:30 AM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Quote:
Originally posted by Oldfart
New music?

Bah humbug!!

I agree, OF! That's why I've switched to Country music. My car radio is usually tuned to Country and if it's not, then it's Oldies.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 05-04-2002, 01:16 PM

I have to agree with lilith its just nice to hear rock music still being made after the explosion of crappy boy or girl bands
well they're gonna tell you that everything is just dirt
You know that women never really faint and that villains always blink their eyes, ooohhh
And that, you know children are the only ones who blush
and that life is just to die

sweet jane the velvet underground

Old 05-04-2002, 02:08 PM

...coincidently, I was just contemplating this...I just picked up a new ablum that I have been drooling in anticipation for, and as I was listening to it, I realized that in the last 5 years or so there have maybe been five or six bands/artists that I anticipate a new release from and they can hardly be considered new anymore...the last album I waited for was "Binaural" by Pearl Jam, and they're 10 years old or so by now...and the album I picked up today is Elvis Costello's newest...I can't even think of a single band that has come out recently that I have bought a whole album of...A sad state of affairs for music lovers indeed...All I can do now is wait until May 7th for the two new Tom Waits albums...
'Til you turn it down to 33 and 1/3
'Cos it helps with the elocution
Corporations turn revolutions
45"
E.C.
Old 05-04-2002, 09:13 PM
Pixaholic in rehab Member

Send a message via ICQ to mindboxer505 Send a message via AIM to mindboxer505 Send a message via Yahoo to mindboxer505
im getting attached to listening to slipknot a local iowa band and static x.......nice to work out too....lol.......
Old 05-04-2002, 11:44 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Wow, I could go for hours on this, but I'll spare y'all... would have to disagree with sprinkles on the Country music, all I hear from my country-loving friends is what a load of crap modern country is... my arguement is that it's not really country anymore, it's recycled rock 'n ' roll with cowboy hats... has anybody seen the latest travesty, so-called country acts covering Z.Z.Top songs? Ah, just what the world was waiting for... do you hear hoofbeats...?

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 05-05-2002, 01:16 AM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Quote:
Originally posted by scotzoidman
would have to disagree with sprinkles on the Country music, all I hear from my country-loving friends is what a load of crap modern country is... my arguement is that it's not really country anymore, it's recycled rock 'n ' roll with cowboy hats...

Can't completely disagree, Scotz...but it still beats the hell outta what R&R is putting out today...

There is some really good, "true Country" music out there, but most of the new stuff is just good old "Rockabilly", which is just fine by me. I like both kinds of Country music. But whenever I can find one, I'll tune in to a Country Oldies station.......
Dream Date
Just Desserts
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 05-05-2002, 06:00 AM

Sprinkles,

My point was that in among the pile of crap they're spewing,

there are some really good bits of music.

Mind you, you have to mine a mountain range to find a diamond.
Old 05-05-2002, 06:45 AM
Horny Devil

Send a message via ICQ to legend
Scotz - have you seen/heard the cover of ZZ-Tops "Legs" by Kid Rock. OMG! How awful!

Well I think there hasn't been too much good stuff recently, but I'm waiting to get the latest Grinspoon album. Linkin Park is a recent good band and Rob Zombie put an album out not so long ago.

The sun is gone, but I have a light - Kurt Cobain

~I love Nikki~
Old 05-05-2002, 07:34 AM
Pixies Den Mother

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldfart
Sprinkles,

My point was that in among the pile of crap they're spewing,

there are some really good bits of music.

Mind you, you have to mine a mountain range to find a diamond.

You're probably right, OF. But I don't even know what radio stations to listen to anymore to hear today's rock & roll. And all but one of my kids are out on their own so I don't hear what they're listening to like I did when they were teenagers. And the one who still lives here listens to Oldies. So I'm not really exposed to any of the new stuff, which doesn't really upset me in the least.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 05-05-2002, 08:43 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
I think that it's not the lack of good music being made, but the lack of radio stations that will play anything other than the crap that appeals to the lowest common denominator... no wonder talk radio is making such gains. I have an excellent station here, that plays a wide variety of progressive rock, from classic era to today's best... not everything they play is for me, but the fact that they work against the grain makes them the primary setting on my van's stereo... and they're on the web, if your IP & comp is fast enough & you have RealPlayer, check out http://www.wrlt.com/indexa.html
& click on "listen now" on the home page... it's not for everybody, (kinda like Pixie's) but that's why I like it...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.