Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2002, 11:03 PM

How do I date again after a broken heart????

I want to say pixies is a great site and the people on here are some extremely nice people as well, so here I am asking for some advice that I can really use at the moment.

Today reality hit me hard as I realized that my relationship I have been in with someone is really truely over forever. I have tried unsuccesfully to make things right again and it just isn't gonna happen and I can really use some good advice.

I have been in a relationship for over two years with someone very special to me. Actually, special is an understatement I care about this person very very deeply. For the past month or so things have really changed between us alot. I admit I have to take most of the blame for the way things turned out but not all the blame. However, I have hoped things would have worked out for us but I have come to realize that it probably isn't because he does not care about me like I thought he did and this is very hard for me to deal with to be honest is what hurts so much. I am feeling lost right now and probably will be for quite awhile as it seems. I have been in relationships before (not many)and all have been long term but not one of them has ever made me feel like this and I don't know what to do to snap out of it. Friends are trying to fix me up on dates etc. but finding someone is not the hard part I am just not interested and I want no part of it. I am a attractive nice looking woman and getting a date is not the problem at all. The problem is how do I begin to move on? Do I start dating right away and just jump right back in or what? When I was younger (I am 37) I never thought twice about it and don't even remember ever feeling like this but I just don't know what I should do. I feel silly asking this but maybe some advice from some of you will ring true. I think maybe as we get older it just doesn't get any easier either. Has anyone been in my shoes and if so what do you recommend I try doing? Should I jump right back into dating (even though my heart is just not in it) and who knows maybe I will be just fine or do I sit back and take some time and just put him out of my mind and maybe it will all fade with time? I don't want to forget about him and I probably never will and that is what I am so afraid of is that I just won't be able to move on with anyone else because I already know that he is the one who will be in my heart always. I adored him so much and I never laughed or had so much contentment with anyone also when you have the most mind blowing, ultimate, outrageous, intense sex you have ever had in your life how do you ever settle for less? I already know I never have sex like that good again and I have been used to this for years now. Any advice I would really appreciate for you all.